I've made quite a few pieces with purple and deep pink, but never blended purple and red, although I know it is a good combination. Now I have the chance to try it out......
The first time I felt that I want to record the process of my work. Only several simple pictures, but I'd love to post them here.
1. Wrap the parts. I wrapped three parts: outside frame, inside frame, and some curves between two frames. I didn't make the outside frame good, anyway, I will hide it with clustered stones. I can always find excuse for myself :)
2. Bind the outside frame with the curves.The curves are not flat. I did it in purpose, my very first design I did several months ago which was not flat because of my mistake though. I didn't leave enough room for those curves and finished the piece in arch shape that time. It seems that it is good to make mistakes, inspirations always come out from mistake : ) I am really good at finding excuse.
3. Bind the inside frameNow it looks quite good, right?
4. Add gemstones.The only challenge is to make those stones symmetrical on both earrings. I keep repeating the mistake of making identical earrings instead of symmetrical ones. Luckily I was aware of it at the beginning.
5. OxidizeOxidize, and polish...................completed! I hate polishing. I wear mask when I use silver cloth. The powder can kill me.
Here is the brooch. The first brooch I've created....................not bad.And simple necklaces for bridesmaids:
The best thing is, the owner of those jewelry told me that she will show me pictures while she wear them on the wedding. Can't wait for March............